Iberia Medical Center is a not-for-profit, award-winning hospital committed to improving the health and quality of life of its community. From humble beginnings as an endeavor of the local Lions Club, Iberia Medical Center was created through the establishment of Hospital Service District No. 1 in 1951. Additional collaboration with the Iberia Parish Police Jury resulted in the opening of Iberia Parish Hospital September 13, 1960.
Today, Iberia Medical Center is home to over 30 medical specialties provided by over 140 physicians. Services include emergency medicine, orthopedics, long-term acute care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiovascular, critical care, surgical services and imaging.