IMC Announces Visitation and Hospital Entrance Changes
Effective Monday, October 26th at 5:30 am, the following Main Campus entrance and visitation changes will go into effect:
- Main Campus Front Entrance will reopen to the public Monday through Friday 5:30am – 5:00pm.
- The ED Entrance (sliding glass doors) will reopen for public and ED patients.
- ED Side Door previously used for consolidated entrance will become STAFF ONLY on Monday, October 26th.
- After hours and weekends: Visitors will enter the campus through the ED public sliding glass doors.
- Screening: A screening station will be added to the Main Campus front door as it is opens to the public and screening stations will remain in the ED and the MOB attached to the Main Campus building. Screening stations will include a temperature check as well as monitoring for mask compliance.
- Masks: Everyone entering the hospital will continue to be required to have a mask on. It is all of our responsibility to monitor compliance with masks being worn throughout our facility.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria will be open to the public with limited occupancy to enforce social distancing.
- Gift Shop: The gift shop at Main will be allowed to resume shop hours when we open our front entrance next week.
IMC's inpatient visitation policy is being revised to allow one visitor at a time during established visiting hours. Previously, visitation was allowed by only one assigned visitor per day. IMC's full visitation policy including this change is as follows:
- Outpatient Testing and OB Outpatients: Patient Only (Exceptions: patient is a minor or is developmentally challenged)
- Inpatients at Main and North: One asymptomatic visitor at a time during established visiting hours. Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Inpatient Rehab: Asymptomatic visitor allowed during established unit visiting hours
- Inpatient Behavioral Health: Asymptomatic visitor allowed during established unit visiting hours
- Inpatient Laboring Moms: Spouse/Partner allowed
- Special needs patient: (i.e. developmentally challenged) Spouse/Partner OR family member
- Pediatric Patients: Two parents or guardians
- End-of-Life Patients: Spouse/Partner or Adult Family Member. Adult defined as 18 or older.
- Surgery: One adult for surgical patient (pre- and post-surgery) Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Emergency Department: One adult only, if patient is a minor or is developmentally challenged.
- COVID-19 positive patients or Covid-19 pending patients: No visitors.
- No visitor under 18 will be allowed to enter either facility.
- Anyone who enters either facility will be screened and must wear a mask at all times.
- Social distancing guidelines and proper wearing of mask will be required at all times while inside the hospital and MOB facilities.