Revised Campus Entrances and Visitation
Due to the continued rise in Covid-19 cases in our community, IMC's inpatient visitation policy for both campuses is being revised for the continued safety of patients and all others in our facilities.
VISITOR POLICY (Effective 08.03.21)
Iberia Medical Center will allow one unique, assigned visitor per day during established visiting hours at Main and North Campuses. Last week, patients were allowed one visitor and were allowed to have different visitors switch out during the day.
IMC's full visitation policy including this change is as follows:
- Outpatient Testing and OB Outpatients: Patient Only (Exceptions: patient is a minor or is developmentally challenged). One asymptomatic, unique assigned visitor only for the duration of testing/observation
- Inpatients at Main and North: One asymptomatic, unique assigned visitor per day during established visiting hours. Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Inpatient Rehab: One asymptomatic, unique assigned visitor allowed during established unit visiting hours
- Inpatient Behavioral Health: One asymptomatic, unique assigned visitor per day allowed during established unit visiting hours
- Inpatient Laboring Moms: Spouse/partner allowed
- Special needs patient: (i.e. developmentally challenged) Spouse/partner OR family member (one unique visitor per day)
- Pediatric Patients: Two parents or guardians per day
- End-of-Life Patients: Spouse/partner or adult family member (one asymptomatic, unique visitor per day). Adult is defined as 18 or older.
- Surgery: One adult for surgical patient (pre- and post-surgery) per day. Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Emergency Department: If patient is a minor or is developmentally challenged, one unique adult may accompany.
- Covid-19 Patients: Visitation for one asymptomatic, unique assigned visitor will be allowed from 5-6 pm only. All visitors must be Covid-19 negative and must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
MAIN CAMPUS ENTRANCES (Effective 08.03.21)
Because of the large number of patients and visitors at our Main Campus, visitors will now enter the facility through the ER only. The front doors to the Main Campus entrance are no longer accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This is being done to protect our patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
Visitors will not be allowed to enter the hospital if they have a fever, have a cough, are experiencing shortness of breath or flu-like symptoms.
- No visitor under 18 will be allowed to enter either facility.
- Social distancing guidelines and proper wearing of masks will be required at all times while inside the hospitals and medical office buildings. Masks are required for anyone entering either campus and will be strictly enforced.
Thank you for helping to keep our patients, staff, physicians and visitors healthy and safe.