Phase 3: Hospital Visitation Changes Announced
This week, Governor Edwards advanced Louisiana into Phase 3 on March 3rd, following weeks of sustained decreases in COVID-related hospitalizations. As a result of this announcement and lower COVID patient volume, Iberia Medical Center is modifying hospital visitation policies. These newly-revised policies go into effect Monday, March 8th at 5:30 am.
IMC's inpatient visitation policy will allow one visitor at a time during established visiting hours. Visitors may switch out and must be age 18 or older. Previously, visitation was allowed by only one assigned visitor per day. IMC's full visitation policy is as follows:
- Outpatient Testing and OB Outpatients: Patient and one asymptomatic adult
- Inpatients at Main and North: One asymptomatic adult visitor at a time during established visiting hours. Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Inpatient Rehab: Asymptomatic adult visitor allowed during established unit visiting hours.
- Inpatient Behavioral Health: Asymptomatic adult visitors (one at a time) allowed during established unit visiting hours.
- Inpatient Laboring Moms: Spouse/partner/designated support person allowed
- Special Needs Patient: (i.e. developmentally challenged) spouse/partner OR family member
- Pediatric Patients: Two parents or guardians
- End-of-Life Patients: Spouse/Partner or adult family member
- Surgery: One adult for surgical patient (pre- and post-surgery) Visitor may not stay overnight.
- Emergency Department: One adult per ED patient
- COVID-19 positive patients or COVID-19 pending patients: only in end-of-life circumstances
- No visitor under 18 will be allowed.
- Anyone who enters either facility must wear a mask at all times.
- Social distancing guidelines will be required at all times while inside Main and North Campus and MOB facilities.
Masks: Everyone entering either campus and the MOB will continue to be required to wear a mask. It is all of our responsibility to monitor compliance with masks being worn throughout our facility.